The Pride Of The Peacock

would it not be simply wonderful to laze away a day with books?


The library has always been a comforting familiar place. I think it's because I have gone to so many and have enjoyed reading my entire life. Ruper loves it too. He jumps and dances over books until he discovers one he enjoys. He then plucks the book out of the shelf and wastes an afternoon laying on top the sheets and reading the scrawl. Perfection.


Perception tunnels are funny things, big whirlwinds of belief that aim you in one specific direction, and as if we have horse blinders we don't question it. We don't take time to notice the beauty of the photograph, or the complexity and skill it took to make the frame. We walk right on by, determined to get to our anticipated destination.


I think a dawdling pace has always been a good one for me. I discover things, secret doors and little hidden nooks and crannies invisible to the ordinary eye.

How quaint.


My personality type is a spontaneous idealist.


It sounds so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment